Agia Paraskevi is located south of Monolithos beach towards Kamari village. It is a black sand and pebble beach and unorganized. There are some umbrellas and sunbeds mostly in front of some hotels and taverns located there. The area is named after the homonymous church located there.
Kamari was completely rebuilt after the 1956 earthquake and was the most important strategic point on the island after the decline of Acrotiri in ancient times. Kamari, is a tourist hotspot situated on the southeast side of Santorini. The area is famous for its beautiful beach extends all the way to Monolithos and for its [...]
Fira is the capital of the island and the most important village. Early in the 19th century the capital of the island was moved from Pyrgos to Fira. After the earthquake of 1956 a part of the town was destroyed (only a small part of the 18th century buildings were saved). Fira is perched on [...]